7 ways to take care of your skin
There are habits we can incorporate into our daily lives to keep our skin healthy even while stuck at home. Applying products, like lotions and oils, will only go so far; it is also important to do simple things like eating, sleeping and drinking water correctly.
Nature is at the heart of the treatments offered by Uma Spa at Tierra Chiloe, Tierra Atacama and Tierra Patagonia. Each of the hotel spas uses local, native ingredients obtained with the help of local suppliers.
Our treatments are kind and gentle, offering a sense of wellbeing and mental, physical and spiritual relaxation and reconnection. They do not hurt or act aggressively on skin tissue.
“We always begin our work in a harmonious setting surrounded by natural smells that evocate the surrounding landscape,” explains Katherine Zenteno, manager of Uma Spa at Tierra Chiloe, who has also offered us some advice on how to take care of our skin while staying at home.
- Stay hydrated. Drink at least two liters of water a day. There is nothing easier or simpler than hydrating our skin from the inside.
- Keep up or begin new skincare habits. Even though you’re inside, it’s important to have morning and evening skincare routines and ideally to use products made for your skin type, including moisturizers.
- If you don’t have products made specifically for your skin type, the ingredients you need to nourish your skin from the outside can often be found in your own kitchen. This will also help you use your time in a positive way with self-care.
- Foods rich in vitamin C will keep your tissues healthy and bolster your immune system.
- Do physical exercise for at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week.
- If you’re able to sunbathe, be careful. It’s best to do so before 11 am.
- Get a good night’s sleep so your body’s systems can regenerate during this time.
We hope this advice helps you keep your skin healthy every day. We invite you to try our natural treatments at each hotel’s spa. You will feel renewed at these unique places in complete harmony with nature.