Updated: Thursday 16th September, 2021
At Tierra Hotels, our number one priority is the safety and well-being of our guests and staff. We want you to enjoy a peaceful and comfortable vacation with us. Whilst our hotels have been closed during the pandemic, we have been working with our teams to ensure we are fully prepared to welcome you with warm friendly service, a wide variety of excursions, delicious local cuisine, and rigorous security measures.
Here you will find all of the information about our new hygiene protocols and safety and security measures, designed to maintain our staff and guests safe, comfortable and truly cared for, while enjoying the wide-open spaces that surround our hotels.
The details are here, so that you know what you can expect during your stay and how you can safely make the most of your time with us.
If you have any concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
Our protocol follows the guidelines detailed by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Chilean Ministry of Health (MINSAL). We also have received the Safe Travels badge from the WTTC and Fedetur, which certifies our hygiene and health practices.
These are some of the general measures that we have implemented in each one of our hotels:
- Increased frequency of cleaning of all areas, surfaces and other elements exposed to the movement of people, be it workers or visitors, as well as in the closed-in common spaces in all areas of the hotels.
- Frequent ventilation of enclosed spaces.
- Monitoring the health of our staff through regular temperature checks.
- Masks are required for all guests and staff.
- Added disinfection points with hand sanitizer in all areas of the hotel.
You can also see the measures that we have implemented in each area of the hotel and the step-by-step experience of your trip:
- We invite you to complete your digital check-in before arriving at the hotel, through the link available in your confirmation email. Through this link, you will be able to complete your health affidavit and other required waivers.
- The transfer from the airport to the hotel will carry a maximum of 6 people per van (2 people, or 4 from the same family in the case of the Toyota 4Runners), leaving an empty space between guests traveling in separate parties.
- Upon arrival, we will do a temperature check for all guests using a contactless infrared thermometer.
- Your room key will be disinfected before it is handed to you.
- Housekeeping will disinfect all luggage before carrying suitcases and bags to your room.
- Each guest will be offered housekeeping service once per day and a turn-down service. You can choose if you do not wish for this service.
- To reduce the number of people in the dining room, we will offer two services for each meal when necessary. You will be able to choose your preferred time.
- Our daily menus will be available through the application on your smartphone. There you will be able to see all of the options that we have for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Lunch and dinner will be offered a la carte and served at the table. In order to protect your health, the buffet breakfasts will be assisted by our staff.
- At the end of each meal service, the entire space, surfaces and table elements such as olive oil bottles, salt dispensers, etc. will be disinfected.
- When using the spa, you should arrive ready, with your robe on from your room. For your safety, the lockers for storing your personal items will not be used.
- Our Jacuzzis, saunas and pools will be accessible with previous reservation and a reduced capacity.
- The sun loungers and chairs in the spa will be available with the statutary 1 meter space in between, and will be frequently sanitized.
- The shops will be open with a maximum capacity of 2 people at a time.
- For your safety, touching or trying on clothes is not permitted. The products that you wish to purchase will be handed over to you by the shop’s staff.
- Excursions will take place in groups of no more than 6 people. In the van transfers, there will be an empty space left between guests from separate parties.
- Guides, chofers and guests must wear their masks at all times.
If a guest develops symptoms or suspects they might have been exposed, they will be isolated in their room until they can be transferred to the regional hospital.
Should you need a valid PCR test for your onward travel, we will be happy to advise you on the options locally. *(*Any costs for the test will be paid by the guest).
The situation provoked by Covid-19 is constantly changing, so our security and hygiene protocol is subject to modifications in accordance with the new measures or restrictions made by the local and international health authorities.
With your commitment and responsibility, you and all our other guests will be able to enjoy your vacations safely.