The weather in Torres del Paine is notoriously changeable, with not only extremes in temperatures – ranging from 34°F (1°C) to 66°F (19°C) – but also in day-to-day sunshine, wind and rain, sometimes even in the same afternoon. We would highly recommend bringing suitable clothing for all seasons, though particularly be sure to include windbreakers and protective gear wherever possible.
|Months||Season in Chile||Average Daytime T°||Average Monthly Rainfall|
|Dec - March||Summer||7 - 19°C / 45 - 66°F||15mm / 5 inches|
|Mar - June||Fall||1 - 7°C / 34 - 45°F||27mm / 1 Inch|
|June - Sept||Winter||The hotel is closed from May - August, inclusive|
|Sept - Dec||Spring||7 - 15°C / 45 - 59°F||21mm / 8 inches|
What Should I Pack?
When you travel to Patagonia, you should prepare for wind, sun and showers, as you never know what the day will bring! Take a look at our suggestions regarding clothing to help you prepare for your trip:
- Dress in layers for excursions.
- Layer 1: comfortable thermal underwear. Hiking socks
- Layer 2: hiking pants, polar fleece for extreme conditions and climate
- Layer 3: insulated jacket for mountain conditions.
- Layer 4: Waterproof jacket, rain pants or similar.(Gore-Tex, h2no or similar)
- Comfortable and waterproof hiking boots (not brand new).
- Gloves and hat.
- Sunblock, lip protection and sunglasses.
- Binoculars and camera.
- Daypack/backpack for box lunch, change of clothes, waterproof jacket, pants and personal items on excursions.
- Hotel dress code is casual.
- Remember to bring your bathing suit, for the pool and spa.
There isn’t a dress code at the hotel, though a smart/casual approach for dinner would not be out of place.