The weather in Torres del Paine is notoriously changeable, with not only extremes in temperatures – ranging from 34°F (1°C) to 66°F (19°C) – but also in day-to-day sunshine, wind and rain, sometimes even in the same afternoon. We would highly recommend bringing suitable clothing for all seasons, though particularly be sure to include windbreakers and protective gear wherever possible.
|Months||Season in Chile||Average Daytime T°||Average Monthly Rainfall|
|Dec - March||Summer||7 - 19°C / 45 - 66°F||15mm / 5 inches|
|Mar - June||Fall||1 - 7°C / 34 - 45°F||27mm / 1 Inch|
|June - Sept||Winter||The hotel is closed from May - August, inclusive|
|Sept - Dec||Spring||7 - 15°C / 45 - 59°F||21mm / 8 inches|
What Should I Pack?
When you travel to Patagonia, we recommend dressing in layers, with comfortable walking shoes for excursions and a waterproof jacket to hand for any rainy moments. You should prepare for wind, sun and showers, as you never know what the day will bring! Take a look at our suggestions regarding clothing to help you prepare for your trip:
- Dress in layers:
- The first layer should include a thermal vest, trekking socks and comfortable underwear.
- The second layer should include trekking pants and a polar fleece.
- The third layer should include a thick fleece and a windproof jacket.
- The fourth layer should include a waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers.
- Comfortable, waterproof hiking boots.
- Gloves and a hat.
- Sunblock, lip salve and sunglasses.
- Binoculars and camera.
- Small backpack or daypack to carry water, box lunch, spare clothes, waterproofs and personal items, etc.
- Swimsuit (for the pool and spa)
There isn’t a dress code at the hotel, though a smart/casual approach for dinner would not be out of place.